Working in projects and not in classical line-management structures has
increased tremendously. Many companies working internationally have invented
new structures. Many employees nowadays have to superiors, one in front-line
and one in a corporate or matrix function.
This seminar aims on introducing the foundations of project managements within 3 days. The 5 phases of the project management life-cycle will be introduced using two case-studies in a highly interactive manner:
* The Analysis Phase, where the project idea is defined and described. The goals for the project are discussed, the scope is being described and all the stakeholders of the complex project environment are identified.
* The Feasibility Phase, where the general idea is more specified, goals and objectives and resources needed are quantified, and the risks are scrutinized.
* The Planning Phase, which allocates resources to sub-projects and define timelines including milestones and tollgates.
* The Implementation Phase, where we thoroughfully conduct deviation analysis, measure succes, monitor risks and use various analytical decision-making techniques whenever necessary.
* The Closure and Review Phase. The Success of the project is measured against the objectives from the feasibility phase (terms of reference), and the learning curve is documented in order to start the next project or sub-project from a higher level of understanding and doing. Some companies use a formal knowledge management approach to become a learning organisation.
Communication in Projects
The importance of communication in and around projects is quite often underestimated. Whom to inform when about what? A lack of information causes rumours, and information overflow will enlarge the project by self-nominated contributors. How to find the right mix? How to communicate in case of crisis?
No risk no fun.
With many customers, we see restructuring leading to virtual structures
across functions and countries, implemented by being distributed via e-mail.
But, the old structures remain alive, daily business is conducted as usual
because the virtual structures - being very impersonal - are not commonly
accepted. How can I create and maintain good relationships, when I am not
there? And how can I - being a manager or project leader - cope with the
next difficulty, leading a team with 5 nationalities in 6 locations??
Working in virtual teams
Communication tends to become more and more virtual. E-mails and phone conferences are the main medias in daily work. Have we really succeeded in speeding up business? How effective do teams work in cyberspace? How motivated? What are the advantages of virtual working, e.g. speed? What are the pitfalls, e.g. flaming mails, impersonality? How to effectively deal with virtual working is the content of this seminar.
Do we have a global business culture? Do we need one? No, what we need are the basic tools and capabilities how to work with multinational teams.
Explore this and learnhow to work with our
We use Coaching alongside the Change Management Processes. All our Coaches
work with the so-called "integrative approach" in order to foster
and support your own ability to find the solution.
We offer Coaching in Cologne and Hamburg in our own rooms. For special needs we recommend to book an intensive session week with us at the seminar finca in Lloret de Vistalegre/ Mallorca.
If you would like to know more about Project Management, VIRTUAL and MULTINATIONAL WORK or COACHING, please contact us at:
+ 49 421 4398895